This presentation contains images that were used under a Creative Commons License. Click here to see the full list of images and attributions:
A disease causing painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints.
Osteoarthritis afflicts the weight bearing joints: the knees, hips, and spine.
It causes the cartilage in the joints to degenerate. It often manifests after an injury or from repetitive physical tasks that place excess stress upon joints.
On the other hand, Rheumatoid arthritis is the most severe type of inflammatory joint disease. It is an autoimmune disorder in which the body’s immune system attacks and damages joints and surrounding soft tissue.
Here’s the RECOMMENDATIONS for Arthritis.
1. DRUMSTICK ( Moringa oleifera Lam) Drink a decoction of the fresh roots of Moringa.
2. FIG TREE ( Ficus carica )
Apply the fresh latex ( milky substance ) onto the arthritis swellings.
3. Alfalfa (Medicago sativa )
Make a tea from this plant. It is said to be very beneficial.
4. BLACK PEPPER (Piper nigrum)
Apply a mixture of ground peppers with CASTOR SEED OIL ( Ricinus communis). Caution: Reduce the number of Peppercorns for use on sensitive skin.
5. POTATO (Solanum tuberosum)
Apply the grated raw tuber topically.
6. WALNUT (Juglans regia)
Use an infusion of 20 grams of walnut leaves in 1 liter of water.
7. KOHLRABI ( Brassica oleracea var. gongylodes)
Apply the boiled leaves topically as a poultice.
8. WATERMELON (Citrullus vulgaris),
STRAWBERRY (Fragaria vesca),
LEMON (Citrus Limon),
GARDEN SPINACH ( Spinacia oleracea)
Consuming these fruits will help control this ailment.
9. INDIAN ACALYPHA ( Acalypha indica)
The decoction of the leaves is used.
10. MAIDEN HAIR FERN(Adiantum capillus – veneris) The infusion of the leaves is used.
11. ONION (Allium cepa)
Mixed with a little pure honey, the onion paste is externally applied on the inflamed parts.
12. BALLOON VINE (Cardiospermumhalicacabum) The crushed leaves mixed with castor oil is applied to the painful joints.
13. CORIANDER ( Cilantro) (Coriandrum sativum) The leaves are crushed and the paste is applied locally on painful joints.
14. INDIAN PRIVET ( FIVE – LEAVED CHASTE TREE) ( Vitex negundo)
Boil a handful of leaves, place the boiled leaves in a plain woven muslin cloth and perform fomentation over the inflamed and painful joints. Dip the pad each time into the hot decoction.This is known to be very effective.
15. LAVENDER (Lavandula latifolia) Prepare a warm infusion by pouring hot water over some leaves and flowers. Use a pad to dip into this water and do fomentations on the inflamed joints.
16. ROSEMARY ( Rosmarinus officinalis)
As in Lavender,prepare a warm infusion by pouring hot water over some leaves and flowers. Use a pad to dip into this water and do fomentations on the inflamed joints.
COURTESY OF : Nature’s Remedies
By: Dr. Joy Kurian and
Dr. John Perumal